As a premium polarized sunglasses brand, Maui Jim started out by selling sunglasses on the beaches of Hawaii. Featuring bright colors of the island, Maui Jim is passionate about creating the best sunglasses that reduce glare and make details clearer. All sunglasses, including the Maui Jim 905-Makaha Prescription Sunglasses, feature new technologies and high quality materials. The Maui Jim 905-Makaha Prescription Sunglasses come with the following features:
- Rimless, oval-shaped sunglasses.
- MJ Sport logo on tops of temples.
- Made of grilamid, which is a durable, ultra-lightweight, flexible and hypoallergenic material.
- Rubber temple tips for comfort and fit.
- No-slip rubber nose pads.
- PolarizedPlus2 Lens Technology, which is a color-infused lens technology that reduces glare and boosts color.
- Lenses made of Maui Polycarbonate (impact-resistant and lightweight) or Maui Evolution (combination of durable glass and Maui Polycarbonate).
- Single vision and progressive/multifocal vision lenses available.
- RX range of +3.00 to -3.50.
- Minimum PD of 54.
- 100% UV protection.
- Made in Japan.
- Maui Jim case and cleaning cloth included.
Lens Treatments Included With Price
- MauiPassport treatment to digitally tailor your eye's prescription to the lens and its shape, providing the clearest and widest view possible compared to untreated lenses.
- Red, green and blue lens treatments to enhance the view with color.
- Gradient mirror or tint treatments to eliminate overhead and reflected glare, allowing light through.
- Polarized film to eliminate 99.9% of glare from flat, smooth or shiny surfaces, making it possible to see below the water's surface.
- Anti-reflective treatments to block reflected light and glare from behind, providing a clear view.
- Waterproof and oleophobic coating to shed water and repel grease, making them easier to wipe away.
- Two scratch-resistant coatings added before and after the water-resistant coating.
See also: Maui Jim Sunglasses, Maui Jim Collegiate Sunglasses & Maui Jim Readers Sunglasses.
Sunglass Customer Testimonials
Rick O from Wetumpka, Alabama, 10/4/2013
I just received my prescription Oakley Transistor eye glasses and Oakley M Frame Sweep prescription sunglasses and "I can see perfectly!" I was a bit hesitant on ordering online, but your company did a fantastic job. You can quote me on that. The product is top shelf and I will recommend Framesdirect to my fellow soldiers as well as anyone needing to see straight and clear. Have a good one and thanks again for all your great customer service.
Michael M from Sanatoga, Pennsylvania, 10/4/2013
Thank you for your help, you were very professional, polite, and helpful.
David S from Auburn, Alabama, 9/11/2012
I just wanted to say that one of your representatives did a great job helping me get my eyewear dispite the troublesome conditions. She helped me get my eyeprotection in time for training, and she even adjusted the place to ship them to so I had them at my training facility when I arrived rather than having to forgo picking them up at my home of record. Thank you so much. I just wanted to tell you she did a wonderful job adjusting and helping me out so much! I love my product and the customer service.
Read all customer testimonials